Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Windows-based Tablets are coming!



Finally! The anticipated windows-based tablets are soon coming to the market, should we believe this ad by HP (hewlett packard) showing one of their upcoming products.

I know a lot of you have been commenting "i'd rather have something windows based, rather than android or iOS", and I thought you'd like to hear! Personally, I'm still not sure wether or not to wait for this, go for the Galaxy Tab, or the Nokia laptop.. etc. I'm so indesicive!

From experience, I know that HPs machines tend to overheat sometimes and crash quite frequently, so I don't think I'd be buying THEIR iPad-rival when it's coming out, but perhaps some other 3rd-party windows-device-producer.

Anyways, these mobile devices now-a-days have such fast SSDs implemented in them, so I think they'll all be quick. The thing I like about Windows, however, is how you can install more ram. I had a professional do it to my current PC a few years ago -- and I remember it speeding up a lot! Anyways, I think the bottleneck in these systems will be the screen, and how it uses a lot of battery. It also has touch-capabilities (capacitive!) which makes it overheat quicker if you play.

I think I'll have to wait and see if there are more of these psuedo-mobile devices coming out! Stay tuned for more!

35 comments:

  1. ipads are cool, computers are good so an ipad with windows is like a dream! Windows makes the gigabytes faster I think so thats also an improvement from apples ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about picking me up one. I have the first generation kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might get one of these or maybe a Ipad; still can't make up my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. an ipad with windows should be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. meh, android or iOs any day, windows has ALOT to prove in the mobile arena

    ReplyDelete
  6. on second glance, that interface looks really slick

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've got some good insight in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a slate with Linux! The netbook market is doing well for them. Hopefully some manufacturer will realize that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wicked machine !

    supporting you
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad there's something going against the Ipad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for commenting on my last post! Your input will help me with my next one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for keeping us all updated on the latest bits of technology. I still think that I am going to be going for an android based system.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally, been waiting for a windows-based iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It still doesn't seem as smooth as iOS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. im interested to see the reviews on this once it gets released

    http://rustycageblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wait a sec... nPads - iPad-like touch pads - were released already over a year ago. They went into beta in Holland. Company headquarters in China. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That i imagine I could work with, better than that iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Better then the iPad isn't difficult

    ReplyDelete
  19. When it comes to your post, GTL can also stand for "Great Thoughts at Length"... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks cool...I use an iPad through work and I like it but it's pretty limited. This looks like it may be less restricting.

    ReplyDelete