Sunday, October 3, 2010

Spotify -- free music streaming


Many of you probably know about this great music streaming programme called spotify, however I thought it would be a great idea to tell those who *don't* know about it!

Spotify is a free programme to download; you just have to register and login to access a huge database of musical deliciousness. The free version offers 20 hours worth of music streamed every month, but you can pay for a premium or unlimited account to get an infinite amount of music! Also the free version has ads every few songs, though I've listened all day without hearing anything about lame ads! It seems kind of random, to be honest.

With premium you can even stream the music to you mobile phone, and access your playlists offline! It's amazing how that's possible. STREAMING OFFLINE. Though I think they acctually save the songs on your pc or something, since it's only your playlists (YES, you can make playlists!!).

Anyhow, check it out if it seems interesting! I think it's available everywhere!

I've also heard of other streaming services like WIMP, but I've never tried it. Any thoughts?

23 comments:

  1. Yes, Spotify is great. What is Wimp? Some copycat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, I didn't know about Spotify
    it looks great - I have to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 hours a month eh? I think I could manage that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! ill check it out, supporting you

    ReplyDelete
  5. never tried it will ahve to sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting...great post!

    following & supporting you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spotify is awesome, if you havent heard of it by now - get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always hear people mentioning it never given it a try, i'll have a look :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post

    supporting and following.
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very interesting...waiting for your next post

    supporting !

    ReplyDelete
  11. whoa this thing looks hella useful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't really see the usefulness of this.
    Then again I have all the music I could want on my computer, and that's over 7k songs at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ever tried Grooveshark? I prefer that site.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I get all my music from youtube and some other torrent site I wouldn't dare to mention here (TPB =D)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post!

    looking forward to reading the next one

    ReplyDelete
  16. spotify is great, also love pandora too =)

    ReplyDelete